Tuesday, May 27, 2014

An ending and also a beginning...

The view from my house

Today my house transfer was registered. It now has new owners. A young couple just starting out.
 
It served its purpose, to provide a safe base for me, my kids and our pets. We didn't have to move at the whim of a landlord while we lived there.
 
It wasn't an easy sell but I think it is a good buy for the youngsters who have bought it. Now the problem is, I am property..less. I have come full circle, once again living at the whim of a landlord.
 
The beginning is to finally get out of debt apart from my car which I will be paying off now and to build up a new nest egg to buy again.
 
Also new beginnings for Robynne and Marco who have started a new business making and selling lounge sets, couches and headboards, all custom built to customers requirements. After small beginnings, they are getting busier and busier. Their small house which they bought a year ago is almost entirely engulfed with fabrics and wood. They started from home to save costs but they will have to expand or move very shortly it seems. They are growing in ability and experience, learning how to quote, how to budget and manage staff. Organised chaos but they are forging bravely forward and keeping their eye on the ultimate goal..to earn a living without having a boss, to have the freedom of movement and choice that the working for others does not offer and to reap the full reward of their labours. They have roped the whole family in either to help with sales or deliveries or even manufacturing. They are fully embracing the idea of entrepreneurship.
 
It is a just over year that my Mom is gone and my Dad is moving ahead with his life without her. In April, my sister in Cape Town treated him to a trip down to celebrate his birthday on the 18th and visit with his sister and other family members long last seen. It was the first time he had flown in an airplane and he is now thoroughly hooked and determined to never drive any distance to visit his family again. He also announced to me today that he has a lady friend who has very similar tastes and conversation to him. She is a widow who was a family friend when both she and my Dad still had their spouses with them and he is looking to the future.
 
So endings and beginnings all around.
 
The one thing that is certain in life is that things will always change.
 
xxx
Momcat

10 comments:

  1. There always seems to be a sense of loss and sadness about selling a house you have lived in for a long time. And in getting rid of a car you love to drive. That is accompanied with the excitement of something new in your life. Enjoy the new experience and smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never cease to be impressed by your strength and the strength of those around you in your family. I hope that you are otherwise well. It is good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With each ending comes a new beginning. It remains our choice whether we will embrace it or resist it. You seem to know exactly where you are going xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffeypot - Thank you. I will enjoy my new experiences and hope for smooth sailing or at least a strong stomach in choppy waters...!

    Griever - Thank you. As difficult as it is to be strong I would rather be that than weak. And when the strong fall apart as we sometimes do, it helps to be surrounded by family and loved ones who understand.

    Lynette - I hope to always embrace change or at least ease myself towards it. I dont always know where Im going but I try to approach matters in a step by step approach and that seems to work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to new beginnings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once a member of a blogger community, Facebook has led most astray. Decided to do some blogger search and found your blog. I enjoyed my stay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's wishing you a great new beginning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's to all things new. May you be blessed to be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Louisa - Thank you, my friend.

    Tao - Thank you too. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

    Cat - I am looking forward to new beginnings and challenges.

    Jerome - I am blessed with the loved ones and family I have. I am blessed to be in their company.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems such a long time since I visited you me dear.

    Hope the bespoke furniture venture grows steadily for Robynne and Marco and that YOUR fortunes flourish also.

    You've been through some stressful and trying times and I'm glad you've come through so well.

    Life is so hard at times. I'm the eldest of five boys and as of a week or so back there remains just one brother of mine still alive. I feel a tad guilty in a way but again, 'that's life'.

    Love and best wishes to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete