Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My darling daughter!

I miss my daughter a lot and there's only so much you can fit into a short visit (Christmas) especially when said daughter really doesn't want to be there but just wants to go home. Its not like when you are actually living with or near your loved one and experiencing their day to day activities as they occur.

She is sometimes impatient and short-tempered with me as if I am a silly child who really doesn't get the message. I am simplistic person who really enjoys staying home and relaxing. She is going through the 'superior being' phase with places to go and people to see. I last spoke to her early last week and she was in a bit of a hurry so we didn't prolong the conversation. She updates me on her doings with the shortest of explanations. If I make a comment on her Facebook wall she accuses me of stalking her. However I did feel the need to send her an sms on Sunday just to say that I missed her and loved her and hoped she was having a good day. No reply but I didn't really expect it.

I got an email this morning to say that she had written on my Facebook wall - "Hi Mommy I miss you! Wanted my mom last night coz I was feeling sick :-( Have a lovely day, Love you"

Sometimes a bit of distance and silence makes the heart grow fonder. I will phone her later and find out what is wrong and what is happening and I remain hopeful that in time to come we will live closer together and maybe regain some of the close relationship we had when she was growing up.

I love you, my darling daughter.

11 comments:

  1. Aw shame, I email my mom almost every day or so. But the distance makes it harder. I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mothers and Daughters......complex relationships. Shame man hope the phone call goes well!!! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kitty and Lulu - I knew we were going to go through this phase but it is still difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah hi Mom cat. My mom and I are very close and I speak to her everyday and see her as much as possible as she only lives 3km away from me which is awesome. All of this said we also went through a weird patch where I felt she was interferring and checking up and so avoided her. She was of course doing none of that and I was just being a typical girl with emotions and hormones. It passsed fairly quickly and now I realise again that my mom really does know EVEYTHING :)
    Just hang in there, be there when she needs you but also dont accept rudeness.
    Lots of hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother and I never got along very well until I got married. Now we're close as two peas in a pod. I guess every mom/daughter relationship goes through different phases depending on what's happening in each person's life. I'm sure you guys will grow closer even through the miles separate you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciate your comments FF and Tamara. I know it will get better cos we were close before but the gap between past and future is hard to get through. Luckily I have got my boys though to keep me busy at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all seem to go through that "Superior Being" phase, don't they?

    We were pleasantly surprised when our eldest daughter called us three times while we were in Scotland just to chat. We are hoping it is a sign she's becoming human again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom and I never got along until we lived apart. Now that I'm all grown up (supposedly), she is my very best friend.

    It took me living in the real world without her to realize the treasure I had always had right in front of my face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaah, my mom lives in Port Elizabeth and me being in joburg isn't easy. i miss her so much, but i also get impatient sometimes when we speak, just coz i have other stuff going on in my head. it will pass :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you too very much, my Roby Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete