Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy 20th Birthday, my son.

The pic shows Dael with his half-sister, Rachael in Johannesburg in December. Its hard to get a decent pic of Dael where he is looking straight at the camera and not pulling a funny face!


As of today my eldest son is no longer a teenager. He turns 20 today.
I am proud of my son. He is a decent and caring young man. He is also a good friend and although he possesses all the usual manly vices of being untidy around the house, he will help me with whatever I ask of him without complaining.
On his birthday, I wish him the realisation of all his dreams for the future and although I know he will battle on his road to get there, I will support him as best I can to achieve the best career and future to match his particular strengths and skills.
Happy Birthday, Dael! I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son. Your love for him is tangible in this post;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what a great age! Happy Birthday to Dael and well done to you Momcat on raising your children as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Dael. What a great age to be - your future wide open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynette - Thanks for saying that and it is very true.

    Forever Feline - It is a great age. He was quite casual about it though. :) I think the appreciation only comes later! Thank you for your kind words although I can't take all the credit. My kids have made the choice to be good people too.

    Cat - I pray that Dael makes the best of every opportunity that presents itself at this time of his life.

    ReplyDelete